Legal Tip of the Day – November 25

If your spouse is not a US Citizen, the unlimited marital estate tax deduction does not apply. In situations involving a non-citizen spouse, you should work with a skilled attorney to set up a QDOT trust, which is specifically designed to preserve the marital deduction. With a QDOT trust, you will be able to bequeath unlimited assets to your non-citizen spouse tax-free.

Tell your networks!FacebookTwitterLinkedInGoogle+Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Call us for a FREE initial consultation: (408) 282-1447